Get is the word with more room at the dictionary, for me has been like a nightmare.
Today I restarted to study about it. One of the way you can use get is GET + INFINITIVE VERB, the verbs like to wash, to finish, to phone, to kiss…, I mean To + Verb are called infinitive verb, they are the base of the verbs. When get is followed by an infinitive, it means like “have an opportunity”.
Like the major of people I learn faster with examples. Here two examples:
- I was at the concert but I didn’t get to see him
- He loved that car, He never got to buy it
- I get to phone my boss, but I’m shy
- I get to use the wash machine
- She get to win the lottery
- Although we lived in the same house for several years, I never really got to know her
To be continue…